- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar plus one one tablespoon sugar to sprinkle over fruits
- 150 gr melted and cooled butter or 1 cup olive/sunflower oil and extra butter to grease the pan
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups multi purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 200 gr raspberries
- 200 gr blueberries
- Icing sugar to serve
-Or approximately 400 gr of cherries/sour cherries/peaches/apricots/blackberries...
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease the pan. I used 32x22 cm pan.
- Wash fruits and pit them if needed. Sprinkle them with tablespoon of sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Beat sugar and eggs, and gradually add butter, milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest and finally flour and baking powder. Beat all together until smooth.
- Add fruits in the mixture and mix with spoon trying not to crush them.
- Pour mixture in greased pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a cocktail stick pushed into the centre is clean when removed.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.