- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 2 cups polenta (I’m always using “quick” precooked polenta)
- 1 cup plain flour
- baking powder
1. Spinach & Feta:
- 200 gr grated or crumbled feta cheese
- 200 gr spinach (Wash spinach well, pour 500 ml boiling water over it and keep in water for 1 minute. Drain it well, squeeze all excess water then chop and add to the main mixture.)
2. Courgette, dill and sundried tomato’s:
- 2 medium courgettes – grated and water from them well squeezed
- 5-6 stalks of dill - chopped
- 100 gr sundried tomatoes rinsed from oil (processed in food processor or chopped)
Preheat oven to 180 C.
Mix all the liquid ingredients (eggs, milk, water, olive oil) and then add dry ingredinets (polenta, flour, baking powder and salt). Mix until it’s even and incorporated. At the end add flavours of your choice. Mixture should be runny but if it looks watery after adding flavours you can slowly add some more polenta until it’s thick enough.
Divide the mixture between 10 or 12 muffin casings and place in the oven, middle shelf. Bake until set inside and golden on top. Let them to cool and serve with yogurt or another delicacy from Balkan; ajvar.
This recipe is perfect for experimenting with different flavours. Grated butternut squash, different types of cheese, olives, dried mint, crushed chilli… or just plain. Whatever you like.